Fair Schedule & Setup Instructions
Appreciating the Sciences
18th Arkansas Valley Regional Science Fair, 2014
Thursday, February 20st
Set up projects in the OJC Student Center between 3 and 6 p.m.
One representative from each school will check-in all of his/her students and pay registration fees.
AVRSF volunteer staff will give the school representative a project number for each project and will direct the representative to their assigned project display station in the OJC Student Center's banquet room.
Please wear your nametag throughout the fair!
Friday, February 21st
- 4:30- 5:30 p.m. Check for any safety violations or SRC reports. Stay at your project if you find it has a safety or display violation. An AVRSF volunteer will stop by to help you resolve any violation issues. If you have no violations you may wait outside until 5:30 p.m.
- Be at your project promptly at 5:30 pm. The judges will begin interviews at 5:30 p.m. Be patient, you may have to wait for your turn to be interviewed; this delay should not be too long. Spend some time looking at other projects while you are waiting, but don’t stray too far for too long. You must present yourself in a professional manner wearing formal attire. An AVRSF volunteer will also stop by your poster to take your photograph. Also, you must stay until 8:30 p.m. in case a judge needs to revisit your project.
Saturday, February 22nd
- 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. Students must be at their posters in time and in formal attire. The exhibit hall will be opened to the public. Students who are not present on Saturday will be disqualified from competition.
- Laboratory tours will begin at 10:30 am and continue until 12:00. We will announce instructions for the tours.
- 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. you may leave for lunch. We recommend you return from lunch by 12:45 pm.
- The Awards presentations will begin shortly after 1:00 pm in the Humanities Center Theater, doors for seating will open at 12:30 pm, we hope to be done no later than 3:00 pm
- Immediately following the awards presentation, return to the Student Center to dismantle your display. When this is complete, please clean up the area around your project.
- Meet new friends, hang out with old friends, and the most important rule, relax, don’t be nervous and have FUN!!