Otero Junior College
Financial Aid

Financial Aid

The primary source of funding for Financial Aid comes from federal and state sources. Financial aid is awarded through grants, work study, loans and scholarships. For students not qualifying for aid, payment plans are available. For more information about financial aid and scholarships, the Financial Aid Office can be contacted directly at: 719-384-6834.

Financial Solutions

We’ve teamed up with Solutions at ECMC to answer all of your student loan repayment questions. Solutions is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping students manage educational loans and their resources are available to you free of charge.

To contact a Solutions Student Loan Repayment Advisor, email or web chat, or call them at 1-877-331-3262.

Important Links to Information

NOTE:The school code for OJC is # 001362, you will need this for your FAFSA application.

View Financial Aid Handbook PDF file (803 Kb):

[ Financial Aid Handbook ]

View Financial Aid Forms:

2013 - 2014 Forms:

[ Student Loan Request ]

[ 2013-2014 Low Income Verification Form ]

[ 2013-2014 Professional Judgment Worksheet ]

[ Student Financial Aid Academic Progress Appeal Form ]

NOTE ~ If you were selected for verification, please email angela.benfatti@ojc.edu for the correct documentation.

To download these Files, right click on the link, then select "Save Target As.." then save it to the directory of your choice.

To View files, you need to have the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your system. Click button on the right to download Acrobat Reader.

Click Here to Get Adobe Acrobat Reader

Veterans Benefits Section

VA BENEFITS: To Apply for benefits apply online at www.gibill.va.gov and click on Apply for GI Bill Benefits. Follow the instructions on the web page for further guidance. Choose from the following forms:

  1. 22-1990 if you have served in the military and are applying for education benefits for the first time.

  2. 22-1995 veterans changing schools

  3. 22-5490 if you are a dependent of a deceased or 100% disabled Veteran (spouse or child) applying for education benefits for the first time.

  4. 22-5495 dependents changing schools

Bring the printed application and appropriate documentation (DD214, Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate) to the Financial Aid Office. If you have any questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 719-384-6834.


What is the Colorado Opportunity Fund?

The College Opportunity Trust Fund (COF), created by the Colorado Legislature, provides a stipend to eligible undergraduate students. The stipend pays a portion of your total in-state tuition when you attend a Colorado public institution or a participating private institution.

Eligible undergraduate students must apply, be admitted and enroll at a participating institution. Both new and continuing students are eligible for the stipend.

Qualifying students may use the stipend for eligible undergraduate classes. The stipend is paid on a per credit hour basis to the institution at which the student is enrolled. The credit-hour amount will be set annually by the General Assembly.

Who is eligible?

Undergraduate students classified as in-state students for tuition purposes and enrolled at state colleges and universities.

Additionally, undergraduate students enrolled at participating private colleges or universities may be eligible if the college or university is approved for the program by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education and the student:

  • Is classified as an in-state student for tuition purposes;

  • Is a graduate of a Colorado high school or has successfully completed a non-public home-based educational program in Colorado;

  • Demonstrates financial need through the student's eligibility for the federal Pell Grant, or its successor program; and

  • Meets any other eligibility requirements established by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education (CCHE).

Note: "Eligible Undergraduate Student" does not include a student enrolled in an off-campus, extended campus, or continuing education class not supported by state general fund moneys, except as approved by CCHE.



[ Back To Top ]