2015 ART COMPETITION GENERAL RULES
OAF Supplies List: View Medium/Technique List
- A student may have one entry for each medium/technique to a maximum of 6 entries total per student. For example, if a student works with metal he may enter one project in Metal/Casting, one project in Metal/Jewelry, one project in Metal/Etching, and so forth. We would like to encourage that each entry be a current product of the current work period. (This does not apply to Senior Portfolio competition.)
- ART WORK MUST BE CLASSIFIED ON LABELS (format example below) IN ONE OF THE 24 MEDIA. Using the MEDIUM/TECHNIQUE LIST (link to PDF page), write the Category IN FULL. Each identification tag must also include the student's:
- art medium used
- the title of the art work, and
- PLACEMENT OF I.D. LABELS: Students must complete 2 I.D. labels for each entry (typed or legibly printed in ink). Place one label in view on the lower right-hand corner of the mat or frame, and one tag on the back of the work. SCULPTURES, POTTERY and CERAMICS should have one I.D. label fastened to the bottom of the art piece and the second attached securely in view. An I.D. Label example is enclosed; it's expected the instructor will make labels for students.
- Paintings in frames must be secured on the back with screw-eyelets and wire, NOT TAPE OR STRINGS. It is preferred that painting be only matted NOT framed.
- Matted art work will be attached to the supports with binder clips, push pins or thumbtacks based on the area to hang them. NO TAPE OR STRINGS.
- No wet painting or sculpture will be accepted.
- No entry may be larger than 38" x 48" or heavier than 25 pounds due to limited space.
- Each student must COMPLETE AN ENTRY FORM SHEET (entry form PDF links: [Senior Portfolio], [High School & Middle School ] ) and submit the form with the art work(s) on FRIDAY, MARCH 27th. PLEASE TYPE OR PRINT CLEARLY IN INK.
INSTRUCTORS: PLEASE ALPHABETIZE THE ENTRY FORMS BY STUDENT'S LAST NAME. These forms are to be turned in at the reception table when you bring the art entries.
The Otero Arts Festival Committee relies on the art instructor's discretion as to the work submitted for consideration. All art entries should be brought to the Southwest side entrance of the McDivitt Center (Gymnasium) on Friday, March 27, between 1 & 5 p.m.
ALL WORK MUST BE PICKED UP AFTER THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS ARE COMPLETED, REMOVAL TO BE DONE 8:30 - 10:00 P.M., THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2015.
Otero Junior College will secure the exhibit area but cannot be held responsible or assume liability for art objects.
I.D. LABEL FORMAT EXAMPLE
Avery 5160 labels may be used (or similar size)
Art Medium Used: _____________________