Appreciating the Sciences
All of the following awards are presented to outstanding projects specified by the grantor.
- American Meteorological Society
Two certificates for projects from grades 9-12 for projects related to meteorology
- American Psychological Association
One certificate for psychological research (grade level not specified)
- ASM Materials Education Foundation
One certificate and medallion for a project related to materials research, grades 6-12
- Association for Women Geoscientists
One certificate for a female participant (grade level not specified) in geology or earth science
- Discovery Young Scientist Challenge (Presented by the Discovery Channel)
Six projects selected from grades 5-8 to compete in a national competition.
- The Herbert Hoover Presidential Library Association
One certificate and a medallion for grades K-12 in engineering
- Intel Excellence in Computer Science Award
A $200 award for a participant, grades 9-12, in computer science (to include computer programming)
- The International Society for Optical Engineering (SPIE)
A $100 award for one project, grades 9-12, in optics or photonic engineering
- Mu Alpha Theta (Faculty of 2-year colleges)
Certificate for one mathematics project
- National Society of Professional Engineers
Innovative engineering award of a lapel pin, certificate and subscription to "Engineering Times" for grades 7-12
- RICOH Sustainability Development Award
One award for grades 6-12 for an environmental responsibility or sustainability development project
- United States Army
One certificate, day pack and calculator award for a project in physics from grades 9-12
- U.S. Department of Health
A certificate signed by the U.S. Surgeon General for a project in health/medicine (grade level not specified)
- U.S. Metric Association
One certificate for the project that best demonstrates the use of metric units for grades 9-12
- U.S. Department of the Navy
A $50 gift certificate and an award letter for a physics or engineering project for grades 9-12
- U.S. Stockholm Junior Water Prize (SJWP)
Certificate for a project involving water and an invitation to compete at the state SJWP competition, grades 9-12
- Yale Science and Engineering Association
An award to an 11th grade participant in computer science, engineering, physics or chemistry
- Otero Junior College Scholarship Awards
Fives awards of scholarships for 12 semester credits per semester for two semesters plus $500 towards OJC fees or additional course credits. The scholarship may be renewed for a second year. Students in grades 10-12 are eligible.
- Directors Trophy
One award of a trophy and graphing calculator to the project best demonstrating the use of the scientific method, all grade levels and categories are eligible.
- Advancement to the Colorado State Science and Engineering Fair to be held in Ft. Collins. The top 20 projects from grades 6-12 are eligible for advancement.
- Advancement to the International Science and Engineering Fair Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The top individual projects or the top team project from grades 9-12 are eligible for advancement (expenses are paid by AVRSF).