Law Enforcement Training Academy Application Checklist
Applying to OJC Law Enforcement Training Academy
Steps to Apply
- The online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be submitted before registering in Otero Junior College – including veterans
with financial benefits and sponsored students.
The OJC School Code is 001362.
- Complete application to register as a student at OJC go to http://www.ojc.edu/howtoapply.aspx.
- If you are a Colorado resident and have not exhausted your benefits access the Colorado Opportunity Fund by following the directions at: https://cof.college-assist.org
- If you need on campus housing, see application for details, follow the directions to apply for OJC Housing at https://www.ojc.edu/futurestudents/housingandfood/ojchousingapp.aspx .
Once all of the above have been completed:
**PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE EMAILS FROM OJC THAT ARE FOCUSED ON GENERAL EDUCATION STUDENTS. ONCE YOU COMPLETE STEP 5, PLEASE DISREGARD ALL EMAILS UNLESS THEY COME FROM THE ACADEMY DIRECTORS.
- Apply to the Law Enforcement Academy by completing the Academy Application. Please make sure you are completing the correct application. If you are being sent by an agency and have been given an offer of employment complete the Sponsored Applicant Application. If you are putting yourself through the program please complete the Non-Sponsored Application.
(Download and fill out the application, this is a fillable pdf file that can be either mailed to OJC or e-mailed to the academy director.)
- Complete a Certified Criminal Background Check – Fingerprint Submission as required by POST. Fees apply. Complete details are located in the Academy Application. Must be submitted prior to the first day of class and you MUST use one of the approved vendors. When completed YOU MUST send me a scan/photo/email with the receipt from your payment for the prints. **Please ensure that you have nothing in your history that is covered in the Disqualifying Misdemeanors section of the application. This includes any crimes that you received a sentence to diversion, probation or a deferment!
- Non-sponsored cadets - Go to cbirecordscheck.com and purchase a criminal history report($5 or so) and attach it to this report. If there is nothing to report, please provide me the report or screenshot where it says that. Sponsored cadets – Please have a representative of your agency send us an agency letterhead with a list of all criminal violations, or lack there of, on your NCIC/CCIC RAP.
- Both Non-sponsored and Sponsored cadets we will need copies of:
- Colorado Driver License, or a valid drivers license from another state. Applicants must be able to get a Colorado license prior to POST test.
- A copy of your high school diploma or GED, or copy of any college degree that you have earned.
- A copy of your DD214 if serving or have served in the military.
- Non-sponsored Cadets may be required to sit for an interview with the academy staff to determine whether they should be accepted.